Vide circular No. 26011/06/2015-OCI dated 29th January, 2015 of Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India has conveyed that all immigration authorities in India will not insist on production of the foreign passport containing the 'U' Visa Sticker in the case of OCI Cardholders while they enter/exit India and the immigration clearance will be granted based on production of the 'OCI CARD ONLY'.
However the Reissue/ transfer of OCI is MANDATORY in the following cases:
• Each time a new passport is issued up to the completion of 20 years of age
• Once after completion of 50 years of age.
• In case of change of personal particulars viz. nationality etc.,
• In case of loss/damage of OCI Card/U-visa.
• In case of Name change after marriage or name change on New Passport
Re-issuance of OCI Card and U-visa is not mandatory in the following cases:
• Each time a new passport is issued between 21-50 years of age.
• If the OCI card is issued after the age of 50 years
However, if the applicant wishes to obtain new set of OCI Card, he/she can apply for the same.
The new OCI cards will not carry the OCI ‘U’ visa sticker page, instead there will be a special endorsement “LIFE TIME VISA” on the last page of the new OCI card.