The Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, is organising the “14th PRAVASI BHARATIYA DIVAS CONVENTION” from 7 to 9 January 2017, in Bengaluru in partnership with Government of Karnataka. FICCI has the privilege of being a partner of GOI for this prestigious global event. The key elements of the program are:
On 7 January, the Youth Pravasi Bharatiya Divas will be held to connect with young overseas Indians.
On 8 January PBD Convention will be Inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. Chief Ministers of select states will address delegates the same day about opportunities for investment, doing business in the State and other issues. The Plenary sessions in PBD will discuss several issues which are relevant and important to the Indian Diaspora, and seek their suggestions and insights on how to address them.
On 9 January, Hon’ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, will address delegates and confer the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards.
HIGHLIGHTS OF 14TH PRAVASI DIWAS CONVENTION 2017:
• Youth Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas: Inaugurated by Smt Sushma Swaraj, Minister for External Affairs, India and Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports. Focus will be on Start-ups and social Innovations, Start-up ecosystem in Karnataka, issues faced by Indian students abroad and NRI Students in India.
• Sessions on opportunities for engagement in social and development sectors; tourism, holistic health care, innovation, R&D, connecting through social media, role of Indian Diaspora organisations etc.
• Special Session on Investment and Business Potential of Karnataka (9 January)
• Industrial visits organised by Government of Karnataka (7 and 10 January)
• B2B and B2G meetings between delegates, Government officials, exhibitors, State Governments
• Exhibition on Government of India flagship programs; Business opportunities in States; Showcasing Indian Industry, Exhibition cum Sale of Indian Arts & handicrafts etc.
• Cultural and Gala Dinner evenings on 7 and 8 January
There is a special discount for INZBC members, people can register as a group and benefit from the special rates applicable. The rates of discount applicable along with the numbers of registrations in the group are indicated below.
· 10 to 20 members – 5%
· 21 to 50 members – 10%
· 51 to 75 members – 15%
· 76 to 100 members – 20%
· 101 to 150 members – 25%
· 151 to 200 members – 35%
· More than 200 members – 50%
This convention is also very useful in networking among the overseas Indian community residing in various parts of the world and enable them to share their experiences in various fields. During the event, individuals of exceptional merit are honoured with the prestigious Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award to appreciate their role in India’s growth. The event also provides a forum for discussing key issues concerning the Indian Diaspora.
The last date of registration is 7th December 2016.